Friday, July 18, 2008

Excerpts from Binu's Worship Order


Excerpts from Binu Thomas's Worship Order July 16, 2008

Call to Worship



Life is broken, life dies
Life is reborn, life continues,We do not look back to the past But to the new futures that arise each day with the the new rising of the sun
With the fresh dews on the grass
And the sunshine of new possibilities
Let these see symbolize the new possibilities (seeds brought forward)
Of life that open before us
Come let us explore the possibilities of of life in God's presence
God is the giver of new life; we come to God's presence


Prayer of Confession

I cannot, OUR
If my faith has no room for other people and their needs
I cannot say, FATHER and MOTHER
If I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily living
I cannot say, HALLOWED BE YOUR NAME
If I, who am called by God's name, am not holy
I cannot say, YOUR KINGDOM COME
Unless I lead your people to the fullness of life
I cannot say, YOUR WILL BE DONE
If I do trust in my own ways
I cannot say, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN
Unless I am truly ready to give myself to God's ministry now
I cannot say, GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD
If I ignore the genuine needs of my neighbour
I cannot say, Forgive US OUR DEBTS AS WE FORGIVE OUR DEBTORS
If I continue to harbour a grudge against any one
I cannot say, LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION
If I continue to remain in a situation here I am likely to be tempted
I cannot say, DELIVER US FROM EVIL
If I am not prepared to stand for the right
I cannot say, YOURS IS THE KINGDOM
If I fear what my neighbours and friends say or do
I cannot say, YOURS IS THE GLORY
If I am seeking my own glory first
I cannot say, YOURS IS THE POWER
If I support the unjust and life-negating power systems around me
I cannot say, FOREVER
If a I am too anxious about each day's affairs
I cannot say, AMEN
Unless I can be honest.

Benediction

The way is too long, let us go together
The way is difficult , let us help each other
The way is joyful, let us share it
The way is Christ's for he is the way
Let us follow
The way is open before us
Let us go with the love of God, the grace of Jesus Christ
And the Communion of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: